Wednesday, August 18, 2010

speaking of which

I take it I must've spoiled a little (if not much) about my recent drink-at-least-8-glasses-of-water-a-day therapy. well, I'm pretty sure I have, somewhere between my bragging lines.

well yeah, it's something I wasn't aware of abandoning. come to think of it, I actually survived most of my days drinking less than 4 glasses of water back then. I sweated a little, my kidney once had a problem, and my skin was as dry as a deserted savanna.

the habit went worse when I was in college. most probably because bandung itself has this damp cold weather it's almost impossible for you to feel dehydrated.

apparently, in this capital city, it doesn't work that way. it took me one or two weeks to realize how that habit took away almost my every reason to feel well enough to live. somebody told me in a strongly-accusing way of speaking, so I decided to start doing that thing I had always been reading in every 'basic living well' tips and tricks.

well, basically it wasn't just about the water. it's about helping my body to adapt to a whole 'new' city climate where it is overheated and once it doesn't feel like it is too hot, it must've been the air-con, which is by the way, also has a dehydrating impact to the skin.

so, the whole 'therapy' takes form in: drinking AT THE VERY LEAST 8 tall-glasses of water, decreasing the amount of diuretic ingredients consumed (this is mostly caffeine, for me), body lotion and face moisturizer: twice as much as I previously used to rub on my skin, vitamin (E, for me), and drink milk.

felt a little too time-consuming at the beginning because it basically doubles up the daily dose of everything. but yeah, it works. em, still, I kinda think those things are the only thing I do everyday. haha, that's my only obligation nowadays, tho. :p

No comments:

Post a Comment